From Albert Bevia:
This is the perfect pasta dish for a busy weeknight dinner, when you don´t have a lot of time, yet it´s bold enough for a relaxed weekend lunch, next to a bottle of Spanish wine. Either way, this is what simple and delicious home cooking is all about.
TIPS & TRICKS to make this Recipe: What gives this pasta dish that incredible depth of flavors is the white wine. If wine is not your thing, you can use broth with a hint of lemon juice. I also used an entire head of garlic. If that is too much garlic for you, you can just use a couple of cloves.
20 Minute Cherry Tomato & Garlic Pasta
Watch Albert preparing this recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUmDmal-m1A
- 8 oz spaghetti 225 grams
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano 1 gram
- 1/2 cup white wine 120 ml
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Manchego cheese 30 grams
- pinch sea salt
- dash black pepper
- Fill a stock pot half ways with cold water, season generously with sea salt and heat with a high heat
- Meanwhile, remove the skins from the cloves of garlic and roughly chop the garlic, wash the cherry tomatoes and cut each one in half lengthwise and roughly chop 10 fresh basil leaves
- Heat a large fry pan with a medium heat and add in 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- After a couple minutes add in the chopped garlic, mix continuously, after 1 minute and the garlic is fragrant, add in the cherry tomatoes, continue to mix together, after 3 minutes and the cherry tomatoes are lightly sauteed, add in 1 tsp dried oregano and season with sea salt & black pepper, gently mix together, then add in 1/2 cup white wine and the chopped basil, simmer on a medium heat
- Once the water comes to a boil in the stock pot, add in the spaghetti, cook until al dente (check package instructions)
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it into a colander, turn off the heat in the pan with the cherry tomatoes, add the pasta into the pan and gently mix together until well mixed
- Transfer into shallow bowls, sprinkle with grated Manchego cheese and some fresh basil leaves, serve at once, enjoy!