From Albert Brevia:
TIPS & TRICKS to make this recipe: The rock star of this dish is the black olive tapenade. Folks, don´t buy
the premade stuff, it is so easy to make at home, it´s like literally
done within minutes. Plus when you make it at home you get to add fresh
ingredients and no preservatives. The only thing you do need is a food processor.
Watch the video below on How to Make Spanish Montaditos with Black
Olive Tapenade and Anchovies or check out the recipe card below, which
you can print. Salud!
Spanish Montaditos with Black Olive Tapenade and Anchovies
Watch Albert preparing this recipe:
- -1 cup black Spanish olives
- -2 tbsp capers
- -2 cloves garlic
- -1/2 tsp thyme
- -1/2 tsp oregano
- -1/4 tsp sea salt
- -1/8 tsp black pepper
- -1 tsp lemon juice
- -1/4 cup Apollo Sierra Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- -1 baguette
- -1 tin Spanish anchovies
- -1 tomato
- -fresh parsley
- Add 1 cup of pitted black Spanish olives to a sieve, shake off any excess liquid and add the olives to a food processor, add 2 tablespoons of capers to the sieve, shake off any excess liquid and add to the food processor, cut 2 cloves of garlic in half and add to the food processor, season everything with 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, squeeze in 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and add a 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, pulse everything for about 1 minute, then take off the lid and using a spatula scrape down the sides and pulse for another minute, set aside
- Cut a baguette into slices that are 1-inch thick, add the slices of bread to a baking tray and into a preheated oven bake+broil 210 C – 410 F for 2 minutes, then flip each bread and toast for an additional 2 minutes and remove from the oven, meanwhile cut a tomato in half and thinly slice it
- To assemble each montadito evenly spread the black olive tapenade onto 10 pieces of bread, top each one off with a slice of tomato, lightly season the tomato with freshly cracked black pepper, add 2 Spanish anchovies on top of each tomato and garnish with fresh parsley, enjoy!
To learn more about these oils and to purchase visit www.apollooliveoil.com.