From Albert Bevia:
Spring has sprung! To celebrate the season we´re making a Spring Salad with Goat Cheese and Strawberries. This is the kind of salad you order at a restaurant, pay big bucks and it leaves you in 7th heaven. Here is the thing, you can make this salad at home for much cheaper and it´s effortless to put together. This salad is loaded with different flavors and textures, it´s sweet, it´s savory, it´s absolutely delicious. Simple ingredients, easy to make and ready within minutes. Remember to use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil, this is what really brings all the flavors together.
Spring Salad with Goat Cheese and Strawberries
Watch Albert preparing this recipe: https://youtu.be/2KihzWjB7Qg
- handful fresh bagged spinach
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 fresh strawberries
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 8 walnuts
- 2 tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds
- balsamic vinegar glaze
- Sierra extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Add a handful of fresh spinach into a shallow bowl, finely dice 1/2 of a red onion and add on top of the spinach, rinse 5 large fresh strawberries under cold water and roughly chop them, add the cut strawberries with the onions and spinach, season everything generously with fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Grab 2 ounces of goat cheese and crumble all over the salad, grab 8 walnuts and crumble all over the salad as well, evenly divide 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds and add a good drizzle of balsamic glaze, top it all off with some Sierra extra virgin olive oil, enjoy!